Future Entertainment: The Battle for Social TV
An exclusive morning seminar covering insights and opportunities at the convergence of entertainment, social media, and advertising
Future Entertainment: The Battle for Social TV will bring together senior executives from leading entertainment and media companies, brand advertisers and agencies, to discuss the implications of the explosion in social media for tomorrow's entertainment industry, its business models and revenue streams.
- Leading entertainment companies are already testing social networks for promotion and distribution, but programming is still far from optimised for social media.
- Advertisers are continuing to find their role in audience-owned environments, such as Facebook, but aren't there yet.
- Format owners and producers are exploring social media as a potentially valuable new channel, but most have yet to advance far beyond promotional tactics.
- Millions of Facebook's 635 million users spend hours playing games and using applications, but narrative entertainment has so far played little role.
When is the market going to flip? Will we watch soap operas on Facebook? Could "deeper" genres such as drama and documentary play a role? Will the model be funded by advertising and sponsorship, or will deeper integration and engagement models come into play?
Above all, when the dust settles, who will control the market? Will Facebook be the channel for delivery and monetisation, with Big TV's channels and producers marginalised as suppliers? Or will social media fade back to rejoin a now-familiar digital landscape, and "Content Is King" once again rule the marketplace?
Hosted by media and marketing strategist and author Michael Bayler, the seminar aims for an audience of 50-70 senior executives from entertainment, media companies and advertisers. Over the course of the morning we will introduce 3 leading industry figures to cover different perspectives on the topic. Michael will then chair a Panel Discussion, with a number of innovative players within the "social TV" space, and open the panel up to an audience Q&A. The morning wraps with a buffet lunch and valuable networking opportunities.
- 8.30 am Arrival, tea & coffee
- 9.15 am Welcome & Introduction - Michael Bayler
- 9.30 am Keynote speaker (incl. Q&A)
- 10.00 am Second speaker (incl. Q&A)
- 10.30 am Break - tea/coffee
- 11.00 am Third speaker (incl. Q&A)
- 11.30 am Discussion Panel
- 12.30 am Buffet lunch and Networking
Tickets will be priced at £245. Sponsors and speakers will have a complimentary ticket allocation.
Our Social Times is a UK-based social media consultancy and events company. We run high-value conferences in San Francisco, London, New York and Paris. The company was founded by Luke Brynley-Jones, a leading social media consultant, who specialises in B2B social media marketing, social media monitoring and influencer analysis.