We hosted the 3rd in our series of Social CRM conferences yesterday - Social CRM 2011 Paris - with the largest audience to date. Over 150 brands, agencies, journalists and bloggers joined us at the Hotel Royal Champs Elysees for an insightful day of presentations and discussion.
Building on the discussions from London and New York, the event highlighted issues such as the importance of internal communications for effective “external” social CRM, the difficulties but significant value of implementing social CRM in a B2B environment – and the inevitable questions that arise around data management, privacy and ethics when brands monitor and store customer conversations.
Some of the stand-out quotes for me included:
- “Social CRM is not a promotional activity” – We agreed that it’s about providing value and support
- “Customer loyalty is more important in social media” – Rob Markey, quoted by Nicholas Saintagne (CRMMetrix)
- “Twitter mustn’t become a VIP channel” – We discussed the risk of 2-stream customer care, where Twitter users get the best service
- “Social CRM must be people-centric, not customer centric” – Anthony Poncier (Lecko) argued that, to succeed, sCRM must involve staff, partners etc.
- “sCRM is a long term goal. It’s not about making short-term sales” – Frederic Charles (Lyonnaise des Eaux) stressed this point.
We will be publishing our photos from the day to Flickr very soon, and a video, plus clips, of the conference in the next few weeks. I’ll Tweet and blog about those when we have them. Laurent Sounack (Collaboratif-info) has published his photos here.
I would like to thank our sponsors for the conference again: Broadvision, Dimelo and Viadeo, plus silver sponsors SugarCRM and MarketMeSuite. In case you missed any of our Exhibitors, they are all listed here. A special mention goes to DialogFeed – a great company that wasn’t listed in the event handout.
We will be running Social CRM 2012 in London, Paris, plus Frankfurt and Brussels (to be confirmed). If you’re interested in getting involved in these events, please contact us.