While we call ourselves a social media agency, over 50% of our work involves creating and sharing high-value content for our clients. As this infographic (below) shows, great content is valued by consumers and a top priority for Marketing teams.
If you’re a busy marketing exec, you might want to jot down these figures:
- 61% of consumers say they feel better about a company that delivers custom content. They are also more likely to buy.
- 70% of consumers say they prefer to learn about a company through a collection of articles than adverts
- 78% of consumers believe that companies providing custom content are interested in building good relationships.
The message is pretty clear: consumers like good content. As our experience demonstrates, there’s also a very strong connection between social media and content marketing:
- 87% of B2B marketers use social media to distribute content
- B2B companies with blogs generate 67% more leads, on average
- Blogs deliver an average of 434% more indexed webpages and 97% more in-links (SEO)
Thankfully, while content is becoming increasingly important for Marketing teams – marketeers now spend, on average, 25% of their total budget on content – it’s also something that can be easily outsourced to agencies and consultants. Apparently, 62% of companies now outsource their content marketing.
Doug Kessler from Velocity Partners will be giving expert tips on content marketing at Social Media Marketing 2013 (London) on 24th Oct. Tickets are available online now.