An interesting, if slightly gimmicky, survey from email marketing company iContact revealed some interesting statistics about how small businesses (SMEs) view the leading social networks. I’ve added the obligatory infographic (below), but here are the summary findings:
- 76% like Facebook, with non-profits being most in favour, but just 30% of SMEs in insurance and finance are fans.
- 70% of businesses “hate” Groupon with 80% of financial service SMEs hating it. The suggestion is, they are least likely to want a spa or fish pedicure. Can’t argue with that.
- SMEs are roughly 50/50 about Twitter, with slightly more of them liking it (54%). Curiously, large organisations with $100 million+ in revenue were most in favour of it.
- The jury’s out on Google+, with SMEs waiting to see how it fares (along with the rest of us).
- LinkedIn is very popular among SMEs with 63% liking it and companies with fewer than 50 staff being the keenest. Making up for their dislike of Facebook and Groupon, 82% the financial services sector SMEs like using LinkedIn.